1 large cauliflower head
1/2 tablespoon California chile powder
2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil
12-18 corn tortillas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large lime, juice only
salt, to taste
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
limes, cut into wedges
Serves 4 to 6
Preheat oven to 400F
1) Begin by breaking apart cauliflower florets into equal pieces. If florets are too large cut into halves or quarters.
2) Place florets in a large bowl and coat with oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and chile powder and toss to coat evenly.
3) Place coated cauliflower florets in a shallow baking dish or cookie sheet and place in preheated oven. Roast cauliflower for 30-45 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, blend ingredients for avocado crema until smooth. Put into a bowl or squeeze bottle.
5) Preheat a skillet or comal to warm tortillas on medium-high heat. Heat each tortilla for 30-40 seconds on each side or until pliable and cooked through. Place in a kitchen towel or tortilla warmer to keep warm until ready to serve.
Place 2-3 pieces of cauliflower on each tortilla and top with avocado crema, edible flowers, sliced red onion and sliced jalapeño.
WANT MORE RECIPES LIKE THESE? ORDER CHEF CLAUDIA’S COOKBOOK AT http://www.chefclaudiascocina.com/store