“The addition of Nutella to the hot chocolate will be every kid’s—and adult’s—favorite new tradition!”
What You’ll Need:
2 cups water
1 cup Simply Balanced light brown sugar
1 cinnamon stick
3 whole cloves
1 star anise
5 cups whole milk
1 tablet Mexican Chocolate (such as Ibarra)
1 cup corn flour
3/4 cup Nutella
6 oz. Archer Farms Turtle Snack Bites, chopped
What You’ll Do:
- In a small saucepan, bring water, cinnamon stick, brown sugar, cloves and star anise to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer for three minutes and remove from heat. Allow spices to steep for an additional five minutes. Discard solids.
- In a large saucepan, heat milk, liquid spice mixture, Mexican chocolate, 1/2 cup of Nutella and corn flour over medium-low heat.
- Whisk until chocolate is dissolved and liquid has thickened, approximately seven to ten minutes.
- Ladle into 10 mugs and let cool slightly; top with chopped turtle snack bites and serve.
Copyright © 2016 Claudias Cocina LLC. All Rights Reserved.