3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
10 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 cup Warm Water
1 ½ tsp Dry Active Yeast
1 ½ tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Granulated Garlic
1/8 tsp Granulated Onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large cup, place warm water and yeast and stir. Allow to sit while completing next steps.
- In large bowl, place flour, salt, and both granulated garlic and onion. Mix until incorporated.
- Add butter and break up with hands until you get a sand like consistency. Do not overwork.
- Add 1 egg and cup of yeast water and mix until incorporated.
- Move dough onto floured surface and knead for 5-8 minutes.
- Place dough in oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove dough and divide in half. On floured surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness and cut circles with cookie cutter or small bowl to desired size.
- Fill with cooled, savory filling of your choice. Ground Beef Picadilo is a Mexican favorite. DO NOT OVERFILL!
- Using the left over egg, make an egg wash by whisking with 1/8 cup of water.
- Brush onto edge of dough, flip one side onto itself to create half moon shape and carefully seal edges.
- Press fork tines onto edges to secure seal.
- Move carefully onto a non-stick cookie sheet or buttered/non-stick sprayed cookie sheet. Brush with egg wash completely to ensure gorgeous browning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 3-5 minutes before serving.