I created this recipe after cleaning out my fridge. So i decided to call it the Kitchen Sink Lentil Soup, well because it has everything except for the kitchen sink! I hope you love it as much as I do! xo-CS
- 6 oz. turkey bacon, chopped
- ½ cup onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 liters chicken/veg stock
- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
Makes 8 Servings
1) In a 4 qt. pot, begin by heating oil at medium high heat and turkey bacon and crisp up. Add onions and celery and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic, about 1 minute.
2) Add tomatoes and continue sautéing until softened, about 3 minutes. Add oregano and tomato sauce and stir for 1-2 minutes until aromatic. Add 2 liters of stock and bring to a boil covered.
3) Reduce heat to low and add 1 cup of lentils. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4) Add Cauliflower and Kale and simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until lentils are soft but not falling apart. Remove from heat.
5) Season with Salt and Pepper to taste and sprinkle in Cilantro. Serve.