PLEASE JOIN US…
Purchase tickets here:
The Friends of DVSH Partnership, in conjunction with The Veterans for Peace invite you to an evening of world-class art and dining in support of the Deported Veterans Support House of Tijuana.
The Deported Veterans Support House is a not-for-profit facility that provides shelter, food, counseling and resources for honorably discharged deported U.S. Veterans in Tijuana. A self-sustaining institution, the House depends on the generosity of donations from organizations within the US Veteran community, as well as other 501(c)3 organizations to provide for the basic human needs of our deported heroes.
Funds raised through RESTORING VALOR are earmarked for the purchase a van that will be used to transport US veteran volunteers visiting from the US to the facility, for the transport of donations from the border, as well as for the transport of house residents to medical appointments; additional funds raised will be used to pay rent for the facility, thus allowing DVSH staff to continue working on corrective legislation.
With the purchase of your $75.00 event ticket at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2491772
WE INVITE YOU TO ENJOY:
- A 6-course tasting dinner designed and crafted by Masterchef Winner Claudia Sandoval and 4th Place Runner-Up, Nick Nappi – this menu alone is worth the cost of the ticket!
- 4 beer sampler provided by Border X Brewing
- Door Prize Drawing ticket for some incredible prizes
- Live Music
- A viewing of the Perspectives in Art exhibit
- The opportunity to bid on incredible items and experiences from our friends in San Diego and Baja!
Perspectives in Art:
An exhibit of art from the residents at The Deported Veterans Support House, as well from their US resident children. Each piece tells a heartfelt and heartbreaking story of strength, of perseverance, of hope and of the anguish of separation as both parent and child cope with the pain inflicted by the deportation.
In addition to these incredibly emotive and moving pieces, there will be some truly gorgeous work from world-renowned artists for viewing, and for auction!
- Signed Print from Photographer Josue Castro
- Original mono silk screen print, valued at $1700.00, from Artist Gennaro Garcia ARTEGENNARO
- Signed piece from Artist Lalo Alcaraz (writer and co-producer on Fox's Bordertown, syndicated cartoonist "La Cucaracha")
- Hand-crafted wooden table from Artisan Erika Santana
- Original Art by Nicole Aguirre
- Original Paintings from Artisan Elena Victoria Elena Marquez
For the Wine-Lover:
We will be hosting drawings throughout the evening for bottles of wine from the Valle de Guadalupe, Baja's world renowned wine producing region.
Baja Experiences Up for Grabs:
- We have some incredible experiences that will be up for raffle and silent auction.
- Private taco tour of Tijuana for 6 people with Antonio Ley (aka Tony T. - you saw him touring Anthony Bourdain in Tijuana) includes transportation.
- Dinner for 10 at Tijuana’s Newest Destination Restaurant, "Andares De Baja": 5-course dinner with wine pairings at the Chef's table in Tijuana with Chef Luis Gil.
- Private tour in Baja for 6 people with "El Gringo in Mexico", columnist W. Scott Koenig, to some of the Gringo's favorite places. Transportation included.
- Private wine tasting with Sommelier for 5-10 people with Erika Santana
- Private beer tasting for 10 with brewmaster at Border X Brewing and with owner David Favela
- Ocean view house in Ensenada for the weekend for up to 6 people, Friday-Sunday, hosted by Lorena Slomanson, Mark Lane and Torrey Stepp: includes optional trip into the Valle De Guadalupe (tasting non-host), a visit to Ensenada's famed Mercado Negro Fish Market, and a visit to La Guerrenense with Spanish-speaking guides.
- 5-course dinner for 2 at Navio, one of Tijuana's most talked about mariscos restaurants.
- 5-course farm to table dinner for 4 by Chef Jorge Aranda and 1-night stay in a cabana at Casa Mayoral in the Valle de Guadalupe
- Private Paella dinner for 10, cooked at your house by Chef Carlos Cervantes, owner of Paellas Villa de Cervantes.
Dinner for 4 at Sirena Cocina Latina in San Diego’s Little Italy
- El Paquete de Plascencia, a package that includes dinner for 2 at celebrity chef Javier Plascencia’s Finca Altozano, Finca la Divina, Mision 19 and Erizo
- Vinos y Viñedos Aldo Cesar Palafox wine tasting for 6 at the winery.
-Martin San Roman (Dobson's and La Terraza San Roman) 4 course dinner for 6 at your home, with wine pairings of Valle wines by Albert Villa of Vinos Baja Califonia, and Sommelier Erika Santana!
More items are being added almost daily!
This event is umbrellaed under the Veterans for Peace’s 501(c)3 designation; donations to this event will be deductible on Federal filings.
PLEASE JOIN US…